The Federal Government and Labour again failed to agree over consequential adjustment in workers’ salaries as a result of the new minimum wage of 30 thousand naira despite meeting for hours, while labour said that there is no declaration of strike yet.
The Minister of Labour and Employment Chris Ngige, who chaired over the meeting, told newsmen that particular jobs had been given to some committees that must be submitted before the negotiation could be considered completed.
He said the meeting is expected to reconvene today, Thursday 7:00p.m.
Read this: Wages: FIFA To Pay Injured Uzoho, As Club Begins Search For New Goalkeeper
President of the Nigeria Labour Congress, Ayuba Wabba said that Nigerians would be given details of the negotiation and concessions made after the rearranged meeting. He also described as speculation the report that both parties had settled for a percentage increase in consequential adjustment.
The meeting was attended by the President of the Nigeria Labour Congress, Ayuba Wabba, the Trade Union Congress, President Quadri Olaleye, former TUC President, Bobboi Kaigama, and heads of affiliate workers unions.